Wednesday 4 February 2009

Kit Collection

I currently drive a Clio 182, and although it is fast and fun I have been on the lookout for something faster/more fun/different for around the last 6 months. I considered many cars, including BMW M5, Megane Sport, Golf R32, Nissan 350Z and and American muscle cars. I then thought about getting a second hand Westfield or Caterham.

Then I decided that it would be more fun/rewarding to build a kit myself. But which one? I did a bit of research in the kit car magazines and on the web (locostbuilders forum being a great source of information), and decided to go for the MK Indy R.

I wanted to build the car with a bike engine and so considered a few of the options there too, going for a 2005 Yamaha R1 engine, supplied by Yorkshire Engines.

Anyway, the kit, various parts and engine were ordered and I faced a 190 mile drive each way to the MK premises amongst the worst snowy weather for 18 years. The kit, parts and engine were collected and I had a look round the workshop at the cars they are currently putting together. Also had a ride in their Hayabusa powered demo car - very impressive.


No comments:

Post a Comment